All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1960, the Tibetan lama Dezhung Rinpoche (1906-87) arrived in Seattle after being forced into exile from his native land by the Communist Chinese. Already a revered master of the teachings of all Tibetan Buddhist schools, he would eventually become a teacher of some of Western Buddhism s most table scholars. This is the inspiring and unlikely biography of a modern buddha.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Jackson received his doctorate in 1985 from the University of Washington and studied and translated for many years in Seattle for the polymath Tibetan scholar Dezhung Rinpoche. Until 2007, he was a professor of Tibetan Studies at Hamburg University in Germany and is now a curator for Rubin Museum of Art, New York. He is the author of numerous articles and books on Tibetan art, literature, and history, including A Saint in Seattle, Tibetan Thangka Painting, The Mollas of Mustang, and Enlightenment by a Single Means. He lives in Washington State.
- Author(s)David P. Jackson
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/08/2005
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1034 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.