All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her life as she kws it is ended by heartbreak, Mary Rasmussen, a strong-willed and independent young ranch woman living in the Sandhills of western Nebraska, suddenly feels that all she has believed in - God, her instincts, the land itself - has failed her, and she abandons her cultural and emotional ties, succumbing to circumstances she thinks she is powerless to control. In a rash decision, she marries a conservative, patriarchal preacher who doesn't understand Mary, the ranching community, or anything beyond his own beliefs.
- Author BiographyLadette Randolph is director of the nationally renowned journal Ploughshares and a Distinguished-Publisher-in-Residence in the Writing, Literature, and Publishing program at Emerson College, Boston. A former acquiring editor and interim director at University of Nebraska Press, she is the author of the short story collection This Is Not the Tropics and editor of two anthologies, A Different Plain: Contemporary Nebraska Fiction Writers and The Big Empty: Contemporary Nebraska Nonfiction Writers. She is the recipient of the Pushcart prize, a Rona Jaffe Foundation grant, two Nebraska Book Awards, the Virginia Faulkner Award from Prairie Schooner, and she has been reprinted in Best New American Voices.
- Author(s)Ladette Randolph
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.