All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionScroll through a list of the latest incredible scientific discoveries and you might find an unexpected commonality-Boulder, Colorado. Once a Wild West city tucked where the Rocky Mountains meet the Great Plains, it is w home to some of the biggest names in science. Research centers, including the National Center for Atmospheric Research, National Institute of Standards and Techlogy, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, are based there, while IBM, Lockheed Martin, and Ball Aerospace would come to reside alongside a dynamic start-up community. A Scientific Peak chronicles Boulder's meteoric rise to eventually become America's Smartest City and a leader in space and atmospheric sciences. In just two decades following World War II, a tenacious group of researchers, supported by groups from local citizenry to the State of Colorado, managed to convince the US government and some of the world's scientific pioneers to make Boulder a center of the new space age. Joseph P. Bassi introduces us to the characters, from citizens to scientists, and the mix of politics, passion, and sheer luck at the start of Boulder's transformation from Scientific Siberia to the research mecca it is today.
- Author BiographyJoseph P. Bassi is assistant professor of arts and sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Worldwide Campus). He lives in San Diego and Lompoc, California.
- Author(s)Joseph P. Bassi
- PublisherAmerican Meteorological Society
- Date of Publication18/03/2016
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Meteorological Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width151 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.