All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe third book in the bestselling British madcap time-travelling series, served with a dash of wit that seems to be everyone s cup of tea. Behind the seemingly incuous facade of St. Mary s Institute of Historical Research, a different kind of academic work is taking place. Just don t call it time travel these historians investigate major historical events in contemporary time. And they aren t your harmless eccentrics either; a more accurate description, as they ricochet around history, might be unintentional disaster-magnets. The Chronicles of St. Mary s tells the chaotic adventures of Madeleine Maxwell and her compatriotsDirector Bairstow, Leon Chief Farrell, Mr. Markham, and many moreas they travel through time, saving St. Mary s (too often by the very seat of their pants) and thwarting time-travelling terrorists, all the while leaving plenty of time for tea. In A Second Chance, it seems thing can go right for Max and her fellow historians. The team confronts a mirror-stealing Isaac Newton and later witnesses how the ancient and bizarre cheese-rolling ceremony in Gloucester can result in CBC: Concussion By Cheese. Finally, Max makes her long-awaited jump to Bronze Age Troy, only for it to end in personal catastrophe. And just when it seems things couldn t get any worse, it s back to the Cretaceous Period to confront an old enemy who has thing to lose. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyJodi Taylor is, and always has been, a history nut. Her Chronicles of St. Mary s, a wild mix of history, adventure, comedy, romance, tragedy, and anything else the author could think of, began as a self-published book called Just One Damned Thing After Another. It s now a bestselling, wildly addictive series.
- Author(s)Jodi Taylor
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleChronicles of St. Mary's
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.