All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionA Second Genesis enquires why nature is intelligible. The fast growth of techlogy and deeper understanding of the humanities have provided significant clues. Answering the question why nature can be understood requires an introduction to the new science of astrobiology and the exploration of the Solar System. A careful discussion of a second Genesis is presented, namely our present awareness that life may have emerged on other worlds. Writing this volume has been motivated by the need to encourage a constructive dialogue between science and faith. Such an objective for a new book is timely, since science is inserted with well-defined frontiers in the context of human culture. Similarly, the frontiers of faith do t require religion to justify itself in scientific terms, avoiding current unnecessary controversies.This book intends to engage readers interested in the position of humans in nature. It makes a serious effort to avoid demanding detailed kwledge of science, philosophy, or theology, but will require some careful reading and meditation.
- Author(s)Julian Chela-Flores
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2008
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight680 g
- Width165 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.