All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAs companions to the first and second volumes in the American Food in History series we offer selections of recipes, updated and tested by food editor Jennifer Billock, using measurements and techniques that modern readers can use in their own kitchen. Arranged by main meal occasions (breakfast, picnic or lunch, dinner, dessert) these recipessome familiar, some curious, all intriguingwill allow family and friends to get a taste of the times with their own Civil War era meals. The original versions of these recipes (and many more) can be found in Food in the Civil War Era: The North and Food in the Civil War Era: The South, edited by Helen Zoe Veit, along with fascinating essays about the history and the times.
- Author BiographyHelen Zoe Veit is general editor of the American Food in History series. Jennifer Billock, a freelance food editor based in Chicago, Illinois, is managing editor at World Travel Buzz, and former magazine editor at Reader s Digest.
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAmerican Food in History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Weight113 g
- Width198 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byHelen Zoe Veit
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.