All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNonsense is the breath of my strils . (Edward Lear). Kwn as the father of the nsense poem, Edward Lear paved the way for the likes of Lewis Carol's Alice and Wonderland, Dr Zeus and Roger McGough and is much to thank for the form's popularity. Gently mocking the ridiculousness of human behaviour and Victorian convention, Lear's deliciously silly verse has delighted children and adults for generations. This complete collection features some of the nation's favorite classics, including The Owl and the Pussy Cat, The Quangle-Wangle's Hat and The Jumblies. Perfectly complimented by Lear's own illustrations, this is the perfect gift edition for children aged 5 and up. Look out for other classic poetry anthologies such as A. A. Milne's When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six.
- Author BiographyEdward Lear was an illustrator and poet who drew for Alfred Tennyson and was also employed as a draughtsman to illustrate birds and animals. He is best known, however, as the father of the limerick and nonsense poem.
- Author(s)Edward Lear
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight471 g
- Width187 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.