All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces to English readers the work of Plinio Marcos, one of the most controversial contemporary Brazilian dramatists. His work is examined in the context of Brazilian popular culture, politics, and artistic trends of the last forty years. Three different methods of analysis of the dramatic and performance texts in these plays are proposed, and special emphasis is given to the semiotic approach.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Elzbieta Szoka is a translator, co-editor of a literary journal, and Brazilianist interested in Brazilian and Latin American popular culture. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin in 1990. Dr. Szoka has contributed articles to various publications in the United States and United Kingdom. She has also edited a book on Brazilian drama.
- Author(s)Elzbieta Szoka
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.