All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReaching into the depths of the collective unconscious, A Sense of Apocalypse explores and re-interprets one of the West s primordial fears, namely that of the apocalyptic closure of both cultural praxis and individual experience. Yet, in contrast to popular contations of the term, apocalypse is viewed here in terms of a transitional narrative locating the subject at the intersection of techlogical determinism, pop-cultural imagination, postmodern urbanism and digital textuality. All these form the components of a new post-apocalyptic landscape, which t only produces a new identity informed by dissolving post-Enlightenment paradigms, but also conjures up hints at a large number of existential possibilities triggered by late-capitalist techlogies and their cultural consequences.
- Author BiographyMarcin Mazurek is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of English Cultures and Literatures at the University of Silesia (Poland). His research focuses on postmodern theory, culture-technology relationship and visual culture. He is the author of a number of articles in the above-mentioned fields.
- Author(s)Marcin Mazurek
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleLiterary & Cultural Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.