All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are some stories that pass the test of time. Some stories that linger on the air as a memory and yet others that should be forgotten. A Shilling on the Bar is a collection of tales, lies and legends that have been collected by Senior Magistrate, Trododniak Weatherness as he travelled his circuit in far North Queensland. The mango winds, the impending wet, the relentless heat are cruel masters to grip the fate of those lives within these pages. What is fact and what is fiction is for the reader to decide.
- Author BiographyHettie Ashwin has been widely published in magazines and on-line. Her writing includes humorous, column style articles, short stories, novels and non fiction boating pieces, which is handy as she lives on a boat in Queensland Australia. She also has had some of her short stories included in anthologies in UK, USA and Australia. Hettie has won several writing competitions including Everyman Bollinger P.G. Wodehouse prize, Collins Dictionary new word prize, Verandah Journal prize. Her Speculative fiction novel (highly commended at Varuna and the Queensland Arts Council awards) and Thriller novel (a competition winner) are published by Morris Publishing. Hettie also self published a humorous novel and a collection of short stories and has another humorous novel under contract with Blackbuck Publishing India.
- Author(s)Hettie Ashwin
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.35
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.