All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a competitive and increasing internationalized business world, many companies rely on the high risk/reward ratio of operating in unstable areas. Those companies willing to engage in emerging or developing countries can often be exposed to a politically volatile environment over which they have little control. Political risk, therefore, is one of the most hazardous challenges that an international business can face. In A Short Guide to Political Risk you will find a business-centric introduction to political risk that will familiarize international managers with the concept and accelerate the learning curve towards proficient and coherent political risk management. Robert McKellar explores: the key political risks that companies have faced in the recent past, and current trends in the evolution of the political risk landscape; the concept of political risk and its constituent elements; models and approaches for assessing political risk; the principal options for managing political risk, and suggestions for organizational structures to ensure a coherent and consistent approach; as well as, wider issues that a company needs to consider in developing its own attitude and philosophy on political risk. A Short Guide to Political Risk is an essential introductory guide for risk managers and for all senior managers concerned with their organization's global performance and reputation.
- Author BiographyRobert McKellar is Director of Harmattan Associates, an independent political risk strategy consultancy. Robert's interest in political risk stems from his childhood experience in Iran, when his family had to quickly evacuate in the course of the revolution. Since then, Robert gained academic and business post-graduate qualifications relating to risk in emerging markets, and studied Arabic in Tunis. Robert worked as an international strategy consultant for five years, before making the transition to political risk management, beginning with a two year engagement with Control Risks. While with Control Risks Robert worked on corporate political issues, and subsequently with the Governance and Development practice he gained experience on the ground in the Gulf, Palestine, and Afghanistan. Robert has assisted other risk management firms in developing their propositions in political risk consulting, and has undertaken assessment and training work for several multi-national clients and NGOs operating in volatile environments. He specialises in the definition of operational political risk management strategy, including holistic approaches integrating acceptance, security and risk transfer. His independent project work has taken him to the Middle East, North Africa, the Caucasus and SE Asia.
- Author(s)Robert McKellar
- PublisherGower Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleShort Guides to Business Risk
- Place of PublicationAldershot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.