All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
About this product
- DescriptionIn the bestselling, prize-winning A Short History of Nearly Everything , Bill Bryson achieved the seemingly impossible by making the world of science both understandable and entertaining to millions of people around the globe. Now, in this glorious new illustrated edition, everything that has happened from the Big Bang to the rise of civilization is even more vividly brought to life with stunning full-colour photographs, drawings, portraits, and cartoons.
- Author BiographyBill Bryson was born in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1951. He settled in England in 1977, and lived for many years with his English wife and four children in North Yorkshire. He and his family then moved to America for a few years but have now returned to the UK. He succeeded Sir Peter Ustinov as Chancellor of the University of Durham in April 2005. His bestsellers include The Lost Continent, Neither Here Nor There, Notes From a Small Island, A Walk in the Woods, Down Under and, most recently, A Short History of Nearly Everything which won the Aventis Prize for Science Books in 2004.
- PrizesWinner of Descartes Prize for Science Communication 2005.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/07/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2041 g
- Width214 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
Most relevant reviews
- annette482808 Sep, 2016by
Was a little disappointed in the shabby marked cover
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.