All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is impossible to understand the history of modern Europe without some kwledge of the Weimar Republic. The brief fourteen-year period of democracy between the Treaty of Versailles and the advent of the Third Reich was marked by unstable government, ecomic crisis and hyperinflation and the rise of extremist political movements. At the same time, however, a vibrant cultural scene flourished, which continues to influence the international art world through the aesthetics of Expressionism and the Bauhaus movement. In the fields of art, literature, theatre, cinema, music and architecture - t to mention science - Germany became a world leader during the 1920s, while her perilous political and ecomic position ensured that US or European statesman could afford to igre her. Incorporating original research and a synthesis of the existing historiography, this book will provide students and a general readership with a clear and concise introduction to the history of the first German Republic.
- Author BiographyColin Storer is Lecturer in History at the University of Nottingham. He holds a PhD from University of Nottingham and previously taught at the University of Warwick. He is the author of Britain and the Weimar Republic: The History of a Cultural Relationship (I.B.Tauris).
- Author(s)Colin Storer
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleI.B. Tauris Short Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 bw integrated illustrations, 2 maps
- Weight249 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.