All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Simple Man Living in a Complex World is an enlightening, inspiring look at American business and the sometimes unlikely path to success. Told as a humorous and entertaining autobiography, Carrio conveys his principles of lean thinking, invation, and cellular manufacturing that are key to winning. He relates how as a creative kid with dyslexia he was frustrated with formal education, escaping the system after high school with his critical thinking and sense of adventure intact. An odd assortment of characters become his accidental mentors, expanding his natural skills of invention, problem solving, and mechanics. He creates a successful manufacturing company from the ground up based on simplicity, efficiency, and fairness. Aspiring entrepreneurs and independent-thinking business owners will appreciate the lessons lurking in the outrageous campfire stories from the business asylum. This is a wild tale of go-kart racing, squirrels, and machining that will change the way you work.
- Author BiographyGlen Carrio is founder and CEO of Carrio Cabling Corporation, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Carrio grew up in California and raced go-karts in his youth, building his own engines and honing his practical mechanical skills. Yet, as a kid with dyslexia and little success in traditional schooling, Carrio's path to starting and building a successful American business wasn't in the cards. Carrio began Carrio Cabling Corporation in California in 1987, later moving the company to Colorado. Carrio Cabling designs and manufactures custom molded cable assemblies for sensitive medical, aerospace, oil-and-gas, and automation applications. Much like Toyota's widely known and studied lean production system, Carrio Cabling's lot-size-of-one, cellular approach to manufacturing sets the company apart from its competitors.
- Author(s)Glen J Carrio
- PublisherWild Dog Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWild Dog Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.