All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter FitzSimons's account of growing up on the rural outskirts of Sydney in the 1960s is first and foremost a tribute to family. But it is also a salute to times and generations past, when praise was understated but love unstinting; work was hard and values clear; when people stood by each other in adversity. Above all, in the FitzSimons home, days were for doing. In this rollicking and often hilarious memoir, Peter describes a childhood of mischief, camaraderie, eccentric characters, drama - and constant love and generosity. The childhood of a simpler time.
- Author BiographyPeter FitzSimons is the author of nearly twenty books - including Tobruk and biographies of Nancy Wake, Kim Beazley, Nene King, Nick Farr-Jones, Steve Waugh and John Eales.
- Author(s)Peter FitzSimons
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date18/08/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width232 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.