All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe main purpose of this book is to give a systematic treatment of singular homology and cohomology theory. It is in some sense a sequel to the author's previous book in this Springer-Verlag series entitled Algebraic Topology: An Introduction. This earlier book is definitely t a logical prerequisite for the present volume. However, it would certainly be advantageous for a prospective reader to have an acquaintance with some of the topics treated in that earlier volume, such as 2-dimensional manifolds and the funda- mental group. Singular homology and cohomology theory has been the subject of a number of textbooks in the last couple of decades, so the basic outline of the theory is fairly well established. Therefore, from the point of view of the mathematics involved, there can be little that is new or original in a book such as this. On the other hand, there is still room for a great deal of variety and originality in the details of the exposition. In this volume the author has tried to give a straightforward treatment of the subject matter, stripped of all unnecessary definitions, termilogy, and technical machinery. He has also tried, wherever feasible, to emphasize the geometric motivation behind the various concepts.
- Author(s)W. S. Massey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/1997
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight808 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1st Corrected ed. 1991. Corr. 3rd printing 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.