All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProse from a poet and a personal take on the spectacles . (Chris Packham, author of Fingers in the Sparkle Jar). Britain is a nation of bird-lovers. However, few of us fully appreciate the sheer scale, variety and drama of our avian life. From city-centre hunters to vast flocks straight out of the Arctic wilderness, much-loved dawn songsters to the exotic invaders of supermarket car parks, a host of remarkable wildlife spectacles are waiting to be discovered right outside our front doors. In A Sky Full of Birds, poet and nature writer Matt Merritt shares his passion for birdwatching by taking us to some of the great avian gatherings that occur around the British isles - from ravens in Anglesey and raptors on the Wirral, to Kent nightingales and Scottish capercallies. By turns lyrical, informative and entertaining, he shows how natural miracles can be found all around us, if only we kw where to look for them.
- Author BiographyMatt Merritt is the Editor of Bird Watching, Britain's best-selling bird watching magazine, and a published poet with four collections to his name. He is frequently invited to give talks and readings, and is the Poetry Editor of the literary magazine Under The Radar. He blogs at polyolbion.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Matt Merritt
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRider & Co
- Weight339 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.