Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn his proud new position in the prestigious Bombay Police Crime Branch Inspector Ganesh Ghote sees his career finally take off with the prospect of only the most high profile murders to investigate. Unfortunately the Assistant Commissioner of Police Mr. Ramprasade Divekar has other ideas and chooses to keep Ghote busy with the interminable paperwork of Bandobast Duty. Waiting to be given his first case, Ghote doesn't expect to find it planted in his waste bin. Wrapped in newspaper, which features the face of a prominent politician and stuffed into an old shopping bag, there is stark evidence of a murder fitted to his capabilities. But ACP Divekar dismisses the murder as plainly altogether unsuitable for a Crime Branch investigation, ordering Ghote to dispose of such evidence. Feeling that murder should go overlooked, Ghote makes a promise to himself, and later to his steadfast wife, Protima, to investigate on his own, possibly risking his entire police career. His enquiries take him all over sprawling Bombay as he hunts for a man who has stolen just such an old shopping bag. But then he is suddenly given that longed-for case, the murder of a young university researcher already inefficiently investigated by the local police. It may be only a small case, but can Ghote solve it and keep as well the promise he has made to himself?
- Author(s)H. R. F. Keating
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication25/05/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.