All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionIt s the tumultuous 1970s, and Truman DeVoto has had it with America. A failed marriage, a two-faced brother, the Nixon presidency, the Vietnam War the country is going down the drain and he s bailing. With a pouch of stolen money, he sets out for Brazil, expecting to buy a cozy beach house from a Brazilian friend, blend into a fishing village and work on his tan. But the country is under the control of a military dictatorship. Even his fishing village may t be a perfect fit. Then he discovers a secret about his Brazilian friend and his sister and, because of them, Truman abandons his dream of a peaceful retirement, and becomes involved in a movement to take down the government of his new home. Although modern Brazil is an exuberantly democratic, successful, country, in the 1970s, it was overrun with poverty, illiteracy, and one of the world s worst distributions of wealth. A Small, Perfect Place is a fictional account of this turbulent period, when Brazil regained its soul through the long struggle of its revolutionaries, many of whom are presently the country s political leaders.
- Author(s)Arnold Gordenstein
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.