All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne winter, as food gets scarce, a swy owl finds himself forced to look in new and unfamiliar spots in order to find food and a place to call home. Based on a true story, A Swy Owl Story describes, through the tale of one particular owl, the recent irruption of swy owls all across the United States. Through this simple narrative, youngsters will learn about migration, adaptation, and respectful human interaction with nature. This unique title (first in a projected series of four board books) is written and designed specifically for a preschool market; few board books exist that tell conservation stories for this age range. Published in cooperation with Maine Audubon.
- Author BiographyMelissa Kim is the author of six children s books (including series of books on endangered animals), one adult guidebook, and countless articles for children s magazines. She has worked as a writer and editor for more than 20 years in New York and London. Currently the children s book editor at Islandport Press, she has a BA from Brown University and a Masters in Journalism from NYU.
- Author(s)Jada Fitch,Melissa Kim
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleWildlife on the Move
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width175 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.