All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together scholars in sociolinguistics and the sociology of new media and mobile techlogies who are working on different social and communicative aspects of the Lati diaspora. There is new interest in the ways in which migrants negotiate and renegotiate identities through their continued interactions with their own culture back home, in the host country, in similar diaspora elsewhere, and with the various new cultures of the receiving country. This collection focuses on two broad political and social contexts: the established Lati communities in urban settings in North America and newer Latin American communities in Europe and the Middle East. It explores the role of migration/diaspora in transforming linguistic practices, ideologies, and identities.
- Author BiographyRosina Marquez Reiter is Reader in the School of English and Languages at the University of Surrey, UK. Luisa Martin Rojo is Professor of Linguistics at the Universidad Autonoma, Spain.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Studies in Multilingualism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 7 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLuisa Martin Rojo,Rosina Marquez-Reiter
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.