All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFREE LOVE. DEADLY PRICE. 'A first-rate police thriller set amidst the seamy underside of the swinging sixties' C. J. Sansom 'A gripping story, impeccably researched' Guardian The Runaway A nameless young woman is found naked and strangled in an alley on Abbey Road. The Reject DS Cathal Breen, an outcast in the Marylebone CID, struggles to make sense of the case. The Rookie Until new recruit WPC Helen Tozer - the first woman to join the team - makes a breakthrough. And as hippies slam doors in their face, and locals suspect the new African neighbours, Breen and Tozer tread down a perilous path, closing in on a cruel conspiracy that goes far beyond class, colour and creed.
- Author BiographyWilliam Shaw was born in Newton Abbot, Devon, grew up in Nigeria and lived for sixteen years in Hackney. He is the author of the acclaimed Breen & Tozer crime series set in sixties London: A Song from Dead Lips, A House of Knives and A Book of Scars. For over twenty years he has written on popular culture and sub-culture for various publications including the Observer and the New York Times. He lives in Brighton.
- Author(s)William Shaw
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBreen and Tozer
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Weight652 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.