All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionSteam Odyssey: The Railroad Photographs of Victor Hand is the latest in our celebrated publications on railroad photography. Unlike previous volumes, this book has an international bent: Hand has taken photographs in more than fifty countries over the past fifty-five years. These 162 black-and-white photographs present a sampling of his best work from around the world and show how the railway is a compelling subject matter the locale. An introduction by well-kwn transportation reporter and railroad columnist Don Phillips explains how Hand got interested in railways and how his approach to the subject developed; extended captions provide historical context. The book includes an afterword by rail and photography historian Jeff Brouws.
- Author BiographyVictor Hand has traveled the world photographing railways for the past fifty-five years. His work has been published widely in railway periodicals and books. He lives in Bar Harbor, Maine. Jeff Brouws is a fine art photographer and part-time writer who has nine books to his credit, authoring five on railroad photography alone. He has been published in Trains, the NRHS Bulletin and the R&LHS Quarterly. A book of his own photographs, Approaching Nowhere (also from W. W. Norton) was published in 2006. His photographs can be found in major institutional collections around the country including the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Cleveland Museum of Art, Princeton University Art Museum, Harvard's Fogg Museum, and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Victor Hand
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note150 photographs
- Weight1810 g
- Width305 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Introduction byDon Phillips
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.