All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIraq's invasion and occupation of Kuwait on August 2, 1990, triggered a full-blown crisis whose ramifications reverberate to the present day. Few people at the time were aware of the details of the Iraq-Kuwaiti dispute, let alone the fact that twenty-nine years earlier, on the heels of receiving independence from Great Britain, Kuwait had been subjected to blatant Iraqi threats of invasion. That long-forgotten episode, which triggered the return of British troops to protect Kuwait, followed by a successful effort to achieve an Arab solution to the crisis, is brought to life in this detailed account. Drawing upon British archival records, as well as a broad range of Arab media sources, Hillman presents a multi-layered and nuanced analysis of the conflict and its resolution.
- Author BiographyJason Hillman earned an M.A. in Middle Eastern History from Tel Aviv University. His research interests include inter-Arab relations in the 1950s and 1960s and the era of Arab nationalism in modern Arab history.
- Author(s)Jason Hillman
- PublisherMoshe Dayan Centre for Middle Eastern & African Studies,Israel
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintMoshe Dayan Centre for Middle Eastern & African Studies,Israel
- Weight236 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.