All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionA spiritual advisor to Martin Luther King, Jr.; the first black dean at a white university; cofounder of the first interracially pastored, intercultural church in the United States, Howard Thurman offered a transcendent vision of our world. This lyrical collection of select published and unpublished works traces his struggle with the particular manifestations of violence and hatred that mark the twentieth century. His words remind us all that out of religious faith emerges social responsibility and the power to transform lives.
- Author BiographyWalter Earl Fluker is professor of philosophy and religion and executive director of the Leadership Center at Morehouse College and founder of VisionQuest Association, Inc. Catherine Tumber is a fellow of the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African-American Research at Harvard University, and has taught history at the University of Rochester, St. Lawrence University, and Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Catherine Tumber,Howard Thurman,Walter E. Fluker
- PublisherBeacon Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBoston, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCatherine Tumber,Walter Earl Fluker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.