A Strange Manuscript Found in a Copper Cylinder by James De Mille (Paperback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFour sailors discover a copper cylinder containing a manuscript written by the adventurer Adam More, who was shipwrecked in the southern hemisphere. They read its contents out to one ather, and the incredible story unfolds of his journey through a subterranean tunnel to a lost world which survives at the foot of a volca. This strange utopian society, in which humans coexist with prehistoric animals, is the antithesis of Victorian England, as poverty is preferred to wealth and darkness to light. At once a timeless satire and a pioneering work of the science-fiction genre, A Strange Manuscript Found in a Copper Cylinder is bound to enthral readers today and revive James De Mille's reputation as a writer ahead of his time.
- Author BiographyThe Canadian James De Mille (1833-80) was an academic and rhetorician who published many works of Victorian popular fiction. He is mostly known today for his novel A Strange Manuscript found in a Copper Cylinder which was serialized posthumously in Harper's Weekly in 1888.
- Author(s)James De Mille
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.