All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic Sanctions are increasingly used as a legal, n-military technique of combating abusers of international peace. However it remains unclear how the success or failure of these sanctions is measured. This book examines the seldom-explored United Nations' ecomic sanctions deliberation process and exposes systematic problems in the measurement of the success or failure of these sanctions. Centering on the key concepts of peace and security, the author brings the reader's attention to the discrepancies that exist in the process of decision-making, implementation, and evaluation of UN imposed ecomic sanctions. She engages international law and development methods to provide proof for the lack of consensus in measures of success and failure, which in turn suggests that sanction implementation on a uniform domestic front are unattainable. This thorough analysis concludes with suggestions for improving the sanctions process, only to clear the path for negating them as a whole and suggest alternative n-coercive measures for mitigating conflict situations and threats to peace and security.
- Author BiographyGolnoosh Hakimdavar holds a Ph.D. from the UniversitaI degli Studi di To- rino, Faculty of Law, Italy, has completed her LL.M. at Cornell Law School and her MBA from Chapman University. Aside from industry experience she has held a number of joint academic appointments, including as visiting scholar at Cornell Law School. Her research focuses on international law and development.
- Author(s)Golnoosh Hakimdavar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.