All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy focusing attention on what is right with youth rather than what is wrong with them, the strengths-based approach to intervening with youth avoids negative outcomes commonly associated with deficit- or problem-based interventions. This book provides an accessible outline of the strengths-based approach and details 41 interventions across several strengths domains. Practitioners in school, clinical, and community settings will find the book's numerous case examples, practical suggestions, and reproducible forms and handouts invaluable in the provision of day-to-day youth services.
- Author BiographyKevin M. Powell, PhD, is a licensed psychologist who has been working with children, adolescents, and their families for the past three decades in a variety of settings, including outpatient, inpatient, school, and correctional facilities. Dr. Powell currently works as the clinical director and psychologist for a 103-bed youth correctional facility in Colorado, USA. He is also an adjunct faculty member at Colorado State University in the Department of Psychology. Dr. Powell has worked with youth in Colorado, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Utah. He has conducted research in the area of juvenile delinquency and authored several book chapters that focus on strengths-based, relationship-based, holistic assessment and intervention for working effectively with youth and families. He has also authored the children's book Our Very Special Bodies, which increases children's knowledge about their bodies and promotes open communication within families to help reduce the risk of childhood sexual victimization. In addition to his publications and ongoing clinical work, Dr. Powell presents nationally and internationally on a variety of strengths-based topics related to promoting healthy youth development.
- Author(s)Kevin M. Powell
- PublisherResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationIL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintResearch Press Inc.,U.S.
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.