All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study fills three of the most serious gaps in narrative theory and analysis of fiction. Firstly, it provides the long overdue, first genuinely comprehensive model of literary narrative (-fiction-). Its -structuralist-generative- nature allows to integrate the findings of most major theorists of the twentieth century. The model is explained in detail and illustrated by a fold-out chart. Secondly, in contrast to structuralist narrative theory, the model is t a mere inventory of the various -units- of which a work of fiction consists. Rather, it elucidates the dynamic interplay of the literary narrative s various content -components- and discourse -aspects- which convey its thematic idea. Thirdly, the feasibility of the model is extensively demonstrated by the (selective) analysis of several short stories, a vella and a vel. In the appendix, a student paper shows the model s heuristic--didactic- power at the level of advanced literary studies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Volker Schulz read English and German at the universities of Erlangen, Berlin and Munich. He received his Ph.D., in 1969, and habilitated, in 1979, at the University of Wurzburg. Since 1979, he has been a full professor of English literature at the University of Vechta.
- Author(s)Volker Schulz
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLittera Studien Zur Sprache Und Literatur / Studies in Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notegraphs
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.