All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFourier transform theory is of central importance in a vast range of applications in physical science, engineering and applied mathematics. Providing a concise introduction to the theory and practice of Fourier transforms, this book is invaluable to students of physics, electrical and electronic engineering, and computer science. After a brief description of the basic ideas and theorems, the power of the technique is illustrated through applications in optics, spectroscopy, electronics and telecommunications. The rarely discussed but important field of multi-dimensional Fourier theory is covered, including a description of Computer Axial Tomography (CAT scanning). The book concludes by discussing digital methods, with particular attention to the Fast Fourier Transform and its implementation. This new edition has been revised to include new and interesting material, such as convolution with a sinusoid, coherence, the Michelson stellar interferometer and the van Cittert-Zernike theorem, Babinet's principle and dipole arrays.
- Author BiographyJohn James has held teaching positions at the University of Minnesota, Queen's University, Belfast and the University of Manchester. He is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, a member of the Optical Society of America and of the International Astronomical Union. His research interests include the invention, design and construction of astronomical instruments and their use in astronomy, cosmology and upper-atmosphere physics.
- Author(s)J. F. James
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note73 b/w illus.
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.