Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is one of the fastest growing religious movements in the world. It is highly visible, with a massive missionary program, yet it remains a mystery in terms of its core beliefs and theological structure. This timely book provides an introduction to the basic history, doctrines and practices of The LDS - the 'Mormon' Church. Written by a n-Mormon it neither seeks to prove or disprove the truthfulness of the religious claims of that faith but rather to describe them in ways that n-Mormons can understand. Particular emphasis is given to sacred texts and prophecies as well as to the crucial Temple rituals of endowments, marriage and baptism for the dead, through which human beings may achieve their divine potential. This rich comparative study offers a new understanding of Mormon theology and ideas of humanity.
- Author BiographyGREGORY ROBL is a bibliographic researcher at Norlin Library, University of Colorado. He holds a master's degree in German literature from the University of Kansas. He studied turn-of-the-century German literature in Hamburg as a Fulbright scholar and is a member of Palatines to America, a genealogical society.
- Author(s)Gregory Robl
- Date of Publication24/05/1996
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleOryx American Family Trees
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.