CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLaw school can be a joyous, soul-transforming challenge that leads to a rewarding career. It can also be an exhausting, self-limiting trap. It all depends on making smart decisions. When every advantage counts, A Student's Guide to Law School is like having a personal mentor available at every turn. As a recent graduate and an appellate lawyer, Andrew B. Ayers kws how high the stakes are-he's been there, and t only did he survive the experience, he graduated first in his class. In A Student's Guide to Law School he shares critical insights about how to make a law school journey successful. Originating in tes Ayers jotted down while commuting to his first clerkship with then-Judge Sonia Sotomayor, and refined throughout his first years as a lawyer, A Student's Guide offers a unique balance of insider's kwledge and professional advice. Organized into four parts, the book begins with a section on tests and grades, explaining what's expected and exploring the choices students must make on exam day. The second part discusses the skills needed to be a successful law student, giving the reader easy-to-use tools to analyze legal materials and construct clear arguments. The third part contains advice on studying, classwork, and te-taking. Ayers closes with a look beyond the classroom, showing students how the choices they make in law school will affect their career-and even determine the kind of lawyer they become. The first law school guide written by a recent top-ranked graduate, A Student's Guide to Law School is relentlessly practical and thoroughly relevant to the law school experience of today's students. With the tools and advice Ayers shares here, students can make the most of their investment in law school, and turn their valuable learning experiences into a meaningful career.
- Author BiographyAndrew B. Ayers is an appellate lawyer in Albany, NY. He graduated first in his law school class at Georgetown in 2005 and clerked for the Honorable Sonia Sotomayor and the Honorable Gerard E. Lynch.
- Author(s)Andrew B. Ayers
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChicago Guides to Academic Life
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Out-of-print date06/10/2016
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.