Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this research was to further define the position of maximum benefit for the wingman of a two-ship formation of aircraft. An analytical analysis was conducted using a vortex lattice code. Investigations of a similar formation of F-16 aircraft and a dissimilar formation with a KC-135 lead aircraft and F-16 trail aircraft were conducted. The analysis determined the effects of varying airspeed on the optimal position. Additionally, the flight control surface deflections were taken account during the analyses, and the flight control positions were determined to be within the bounds of the F-16 aircraft. The similar formation profile was further investigated during flight test. The flight test investigated the change in vertical positioning as well as lateral spacing from the analytic analysis. The drag savings profile has the capability to increase the range of existing airframes, providing the benefit at cost.
- Author(s)Michael T Morgan
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight254 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.