All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionA Study of Selected English Critical Terms from 1650 to 1800: A Constellation is a lexicographical record of the usage of twenty-two words, terms and concepts in the critical literature of the Restoration and eighteenth century. These twenty-two terms form a constellation or cluster because of a certain predictability in the critical vocabulary and the associations generated from the use of an imprecise menclature. This stylization accounts for the imprecision in the use of specific words, and the study indicates the pluri-signative nature of many of the terms used.
- Author(s)Edward A Watson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1987
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 4: English Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1987
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight980 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.