Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book comes from the bestselling author Katie Flynn. Growing up in the Yorkshire Dales, Maddy Hebditch can't imagine the changes that war will bring when she joins the ATS. 1938. Maddy Hebditch has been living in poverty with her cantankerous grandmother since she was orphaned when she was just five, and it's a constant struggle to stay out of the workhouse. However, though life is hard, Maddy has her friends Alice, Marigold and Tom to help her. Together the four spend their summers exploring the Dales and making plans for the future. Until war breaks out and everything changes. As the four go their separate ways, Maddy joins the ATS, where she is recruited for one of the most dangerous jobs a woman could do in wartime: the Ack Ack sites. All four face dangers as the war worsens, but when Tom is terribly injured, Maddy's world falls apart...
- Author BiographyKatie Flynn has lived for many years in the north-west. A compulsive writer, she started with short stories and articles and many of her early stories were broadcast on Radio Merseyside. She decided to write her Liverpool series after hearing the reminiscenes of family members about life in the city in the early years of the twentieth century. She also writes as Judith Saxton. For the past few years, she has had to cope with ME but has continued to write.
- Author(s)Katie Flynn
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight655 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.