All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn this revised volume, Gleason Archer's original study is updated by author Dillon Burroughs.Itapproaches the study of the OldTestament fromboth a general and specific point ofview.Dealingfirst with issues over which many scholars debate, Archer offers evidence to support theconservative view of canicity, historicity, inspiration, textual problems, and higher criticism.The second section dissectseach book of the Old Testament individually.Archer thoroughly covers issues like biblical creationism; Noah's Ark and the flood; authorship; chrology; and alleged language, style, and theme differences. A Survey of Old Testament Introduction is invaluable to students and laymen who want to understand the conservative position of Old Testamentissues and are t afraid to examine critical views.
- Author BiographyGLEASON L. ARCHER, JR. (1916-2004), (B.A., M.A., Ph.D., Harvard University; B.D., Princeton Theological Seminary; L.L.B., Suffolk Law School) was a biblical scholar, theologian, educator, and author. He authored numerous books, including In the Shadow of the Cross, The Epistle to the Hebrews: A Study Manual, and Survey of Old Testament Introduction. His instrumental work in the preparation of the Old Testament portion of the New American Standard Bible has gained wide acclaim and positioned him as a world-renowned scholar.
- Author(s)Gleason Leonard Archer
- PublisherMoody Press,U.S.
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoody Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1320 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.