Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn A Survival Guide for the Landlocked Mermaid, Margot Datz sees the she-nymph within, struggling to emerge, and proposes we revitalize her. This eye-catching book speaks to women of all ages. Its whimsical wisdom playfully addresses many of the more serious issues of courtship, self-esteem, and feminism today. The mermaid metaphor speaks to the intuitive, mischievous, untamable spirit of all modern women. Each picture is a portal into the mermaid's soul, and its advice is simple and compassionate. Coy, sweetly mischievous, and a pinch sagacious, this is a book of bubble bath wisdom. And, like a martini, it can be sipped or downed in one reading. Seductive illustrations entice readers to consider this book t only for their own libraries, but also as a great gift book for birthdays, bridesmaids, or something passed down from mother to daughter, and girlfriend to girlfriend.
- Author BiographyMargot Datz is an in-demand painter, illustrator, and mural artist based in Martha's Vineyard. Her work has appeared in House and Gardens, Home Magazine, InStyle, the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Publishers Weekly, The Boston Globe, Newsweek, and many regional publications, as well as CNN and NPR's All Things Considered. Dustin Hoffman bought her first piece of art. Other clients include Diane Sawyer, Garth Brooks, Billy Joel, and Carly Simon. Datz has maintained a close creative affiliation with Carly Simon, designing and moralizing her nightclub Hot Tin Roof and her homes, and illustrating four of her children's books, with Jacqueline Onnassis as editor. Datz began her career as a sculptress and exhibited regularly in one-woman and group shows in Manhattan, New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, and Martha's Vineyard. In 1978 she established Margot Datz Designs, specializing in murals and architectural trompe l'oeil, decorative painting, and interior design. She has created murals for a number of children's hospitals, dozens of prominent businesses, hundreds of homes, and the Martha's Vineyard Steamship Authority Ferry Terminal, which receives over one million tourists and travelers annually. Datz also creates original paintings, exhibits annually, and is a well-established island painter. Enamored and bemused by the New England region, Datz developed her own indigenous iconography based on lighthouses, sailors, fishermen, mermaids, and their interplay with the great blue sea. Her archetypal approach to her surroundings addresses humorously and compassionately contemporary living and loving dilemmas as modern folk.
- Author(s)Margot Datz
- PublisherBeyond Words Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationHillsboro, Oregon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeyond Words Publishing
- Content NoteFull color throughout, French flaps
- Weight416 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Most relevant reviews
- karenellen6102 Feb, 2017by
Great seaside reading for those who relate to all things Mermaid
I love this book. It's got some very good and sound advise for those mermaids who can fall too much in love, not give back to themselves and other common frailalties of human life. I preferred the text over the imagry. Whether it's " cultivating an inner water garden" or "Fishermen" the text was light, insightful and light. A fun book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38