All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1799 and Michael Fitton joins the crew of the HMS Abergavenny as acting-lieutenant. Volunteering to command the armed launch bought by Abergavenny's crew to cruise the seas searching for prizes, Fitton must set sail with unkwn soldiers who haven't seen action in months. With the threat of mutiny and desertion it's imperative that the venture succeeds. However, Fitton and his crew are lucky and before long they are rewned in the Caribbean for their many successes.Capturing a French barque Fitton learns from the captain that a secret plot by the British to attack Dutch held Curacao is kwn by the Dutch and Spanish. A counter-attack is planned that will certainly lead to the demise of the British forces. Can Fitton and his crew reach the island in time to stop this from happening? On the brink of finally receiving his commission as a lieutenant Fitton must use all his resources and courage to help the British at Curacao, find the treasure of the pirate Van Horn and, above all, lead his crew back to the safety of the British held port in Kingston. A Sword for Mr Fitton was first published in 1975.
- Author BiographyShowell Styles was born Frank Showell Styles in 1908. His childhood was spent in the Welsh hills and he became an avid mountaineer and explorer. During the war, Styles joined the Navy and was posted in the Mediterranean, but even there he walked and climbed as much as he could. An aspiring writer, Styles already had articles published in Punch, before setting out toe make his living as an author. His first novel, Traitor's Mountain, was a murder mystery set on and around Tryfan in Wales. He became a prolific writer with over 160 books published. As well as books on mountains such as The Mountaineer's Weekend Book, he wrote detective fiction under the pseudonym of Glyn Carr, and humorous pieces as C.L. Inker. Showell Styles died in 2005.
- Author(s)Showell Styles F.R.G.S.
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Lieutenant Michael Fitton Adventures
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.