All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned painter and sculptor Dorothea Tanning imagines and realises a collage of surreal wit, formal inventiveness, and urban and whimsical visuals. Oh, we were primed like canvas', she writes in one poem, and every page in this remarkable debut becomes a unique experience to gaze and wonder with this artisit's imaginitive, roving eye. We are made to see more clearly, more forcefully the city landscape, the creative impulse, and the words of potential disaster and sensual erotics with a vision that survives taste, trend and time.'
- Author BiographyDorothea Tanning (1910-2012) lived an extraordinary life as an artist and writer. She published two books of poetry, A Table of Content and Coming to That; two memoirs, Birthday and Between Lives: An Artist and Her World ; and a novel, Chasm. In 2012, she died at the age of 101 at her home in New York City.
- Author(s)Dorothea Tanning
- PublisherGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Weight156 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.