A Tale of Two Sciences: Memoirs of a Dissident Scientist by Peter A Sturrock Ph D (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA TALE OF TWO SCIENCES: Memoirs of a Dissident Scientist is one scientist's reflection on a successful sixty-year career. Professor Sturrock has trod an unusual path, combining a variety of invative research in mainstream science with ather variety of studies well outside the mainstream. Although most scientists look with a jaundiced eye on topics such as parapsychology and UFO research, he views them simply as more grist for the scientific mill, regarding topics outside the mainstream as major challenges rather than mir anyances best swept under the rug. A Tale of Two Sciences has three sections: The first reviews the author's conventional research. The second reviews his unconventional research. The third presents his speculations on how these two presently distinct ventures might be reconciled, to their mutual advantage. With a clear and simple style-and occasional humor-Sturrock presents both scientists and nscientists with a refreshingly open and unprejudiced perspective on science. He shows that scientific thinking can be applied to a wide range of topics- unconventional as well as conventional-and even to topics that are rmally considered beyond the purview of science, such as the Shakespeare authorship question.
- Author BiographyPeter A. Sturrock is emeritus Professor of Applied Physics and emeritus Director of the Center for Space Science and Astrophysics at Stanford University. He has received numerous awards, including prizes from the American Astronomical Society, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Cambridge University, the Gravity Foundation, and the National Academy of Sciences. His other publications include five edited volumes, three monographs, and three hundred articles and reports.
- Author(s)Peter A Sturrock Ph D
- PublisherExoscience Publishing
- Date of Publication18/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintExoscience Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.