All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionA 712th Tank Battalion veteran of Patton's Third Army returned home after the Second World War, but for over fifty years rarely speaks of his wartime experiences. His son grows to manhood with only a perception of combat gleaned from the movies of his youth and kwing little of his father's wartime ordeals. During a difficult time in his son's life, the father breaks his silence as they travel across Europe along the battle route of the 712th Tank Battalion from the hedgerows of Normandy, across France to Metz, and through Luxembourg and Germany. This is t only a story of the father's wartime experiences, but also of the father and son's journey, the bond that developed between them as well as the son's change in perception of combat. A Soldier's Story: Gunner Gruntz of the 712th Tank Battalion tells the gripping yet emotional account of his father's firsthand experiences while standing on the sites where he battled, was wounded, saw friends killed in Normandy and during the Battle of the Bulge, and where he earned the Bronze Star in bloody combat. An exhaustive and essential account of the horrors of war where Gruntz took on the might of the Third Reich and Tiger panzers in his Sherman, A Soldier's Story: Gunner Gruntz of the 712th Tank Battalion is also lavishly illustrated with unpublished period photographs.
- Author BiographyLouis G. Gruntz, Jr. was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He received a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Tulane University and a Juris Doctor with Law Review Honors from Loyola University. He entered public service serving as Deputy Parish Attorney for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana for over thirty years before retiring in 2011. He has served as a liaison between Jefferson Parish and the Louisiana Legislature drafting legislation that impacted local government and has successfully argued cases before the Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Author(s)Louis G. Gruntz
- PublisherFonthill Media LLc
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFonthill Media LLc
- Content Note100 black amd white photographs
- Weight560 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.