A Taste of Latino Cultures - Un Toque de Sabor Latino: A Bilingual, Educational Cookbook - Un Libro de Cocina Bilingue y Educativo by George Kunzel (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a bilingual introduction to five Spanish-speaking countries and one commonwealth: Mexico, Cuba, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Puerto Rico. Each chapter combines simple, tantalizing recipes with general and cultural information, suggestions for additional learning opportunities, vocabulary, a short fiction reading list, and Internet resources. The Lati population is the fast-growing mirity in this country, and educational resources for and about Hispanics remain scarce. The purpose of this bilingual work is two-fold: to introduce young Americans to diverse Lati cultures and to build cultural awareness among Hispanic students. It is also hoped that the material will help bridge the generations in Hispanic families-between older family members with limited English, and younger members with limited Spanish. Focusing on countries with significant immigration populations in the United States, this book offers educators and librarians tools to explore the cultures of Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Colombia-with geographical and statistical information, history, recipes, resources, learning extensions, and sources for further information. Chapters present background information about the countries, including images of the flags, maps, and coats of arms, followed by simple recipes that can be prepared by young people. Recipes feature ingredients and agricultural products of the countries with brief descriptions and illustrations. A list of learning opportunities and a more detailed learning launch helps educators extend learning throughout the curriculum. Brief English-Spanish vocabulary lists are also included. Resources for further learning direct users to pertinent Web sites and print materials. The book concludes with a glossary of cooking terms and techniques, utensils, and ingredients and a general bibliography. Grades 4-8.
- Author BiographyGeorge Kunzel grew up in Colombia and has lived in the United States since he was 17. His interests in food and cooking date back to graduate school days, where he was introduced to serious cooking by a fellow student. Although he spent many years working in the telecommunications industry and is currently a project management consultant, his avocations remain cooking and gardening. He has traveled to all of the countries included in the book except Cuba.
- Author(s)George Kunzel
- Date of Publication30/10/2005
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight495 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Erin K. Turner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.