All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaymond Blanc kws more about food than pretty much anyone else. His cooking has been described as 'an extraordinary process of creativity, passion, subtlety, indeed genius'. His life and career to date have been utterly dedicated to the search for culinary perfection. Raymond is entirely self-taught and over the years has been developing and refining his philosophy of food and eating. Such is his reputation that his restaurant, Le Mair, was awarded two Michelin stars even before it opened in 1984, and it remains one of our premier destination restaurants. He has taught many of Britain's most successful chefs, including Marco Pierre White and Heston Blumenthal. Now, for the first time Raymond is going to share the fruits of all that hard work and experimentation, and reveal the secrets of his gastromy. Woven around stories from his years at the sharp end of the food business are his thoughts about where food is going and a passionate appeal for sustainable cuisine. Essential reading for anyone with an interest in food and cooking, this is the definitive book by a culinary genius.
- Author BiographyBorn in Besancon, France in 1949, Raymond Blanc is one of the finest chefs in the world. Raymond arrived in England in 1972 to work as a waiter at the Rose Revived restaurant near Witney. When the chef became ill, he took over and two years later, the restaurant gained entry into the Michelin Guide. At the age of 28, Raymond Blanc opened his first restaurant, 'Les Quat' Saisons' in Oxford. After just one year, the restaurant was named Egon Ronay Restaurant of the Year. A host of other accolades including Michelin Stars and Pestle & Mortar awards followed. In 1984 he fulfilled a personal vision, creating an hotel and restaurant in harmony when he opened Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons in Great Milton, Oxford. Le Manoir is the only country house hotel in the UK which has achieved two Michelin Stars for a total of 25 years. In 1991, Raymond Blanc established The Raymond Blanc Cookery School, welcoming both enthusiastic amateurs and professional cooks.
- Author(s)Raymond Blanc
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content Noteports.
- Weight332 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.