All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Teacher's Guide to Classroom Assessment is a comprehensive guide that shows step-by-step how to effectively integrate assessment into the classroom. Written for both new and seasoned teachers, this important book offers a practical aid for developing assessment skills and strategies, building assessment literacy, and ultimately improving student learning. Based on extensive research, this book is filled with illustrative, down-to-earth examples of how classroom assessment works in classrooms where assessment drives the instruction. The authors present the Classroom Assessment Cycle-Clarifying learning targets, Collecting assessment evidence, Analyzing assessment data, and Modifying instruction based upon assessment data-that demonstrates how one assessment action must flow into the next to be effective. Each chapter details the kinds of assessment evidence that are the most useful for determining student achievement and provides instruction in the analysis of assessment data.
- Author BiographySusan M. Butler, PH.D. is a faculty member in teacher education at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City, Florida. Formerly, she was senior program specialist in classroom assessment for the Assessment, Accountability, and Standards program of the Regional Educational Laboratory housed at the SERVE Center, University of North Carolina, Greensboro. Nancy D. McMunn is project director for classroom assessment for the Assessment, Accountability, and Standards program for the Regional Educational Laboratory housed at the SERVE Center, University of North Carolina, Greensboro. Both authors are former classroom teachers.
- Author(s)Nancy D. McMunn,Susan M. Butler
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight814 g
- Width217 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.