All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Cahn belongs to that exclusive class of professors who have t only contributed influentially to the leading debates of their discipline, but have also written insightfully about the academic vocation itself. This volume comprises 13 essays, authored by Cahn's colleagues and former students, presented in his hor on the occasion of his 25th year as Professor of Philosophy at the City University of New York. The chapters focus on topics that have been central to Cahn's philosophical work, such as the teaching of Philosophy, the responsibilities of Philosophy professors, the nature of happiness, and the concept of the good life.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Talisse is associate professor of philosophy at Vanderbilt University. Maureen Eckert is assistant professor of philosophy at University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
- Author(s)Maureen Eckert,Robert B. Talisse
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.