All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn June 1876, on a desolate hill above a winding river called the Little Bighorn, George Armstrong Custer and all 210 men under his direct command were annihilated by almost 2,000 Sioux and Cheyenne. The news of this devastating loss caused a public uproar, and those in positions of power promptly began to point fingers in order to avoid responsibility. Custer, who was conveniently dead, took the brunt of the blame.The truth, however, is far more complex. A Terrible Glory is the first book to relate the entire story of this endlessly fascinating battle and the first to call upon all the pertinent research and findings of the past twenty-five years-which have significantly changed how this controversial event is perceived. Furthermore, it is the first book to bring to light the details of the U.S. Army cover-up and unravel one of the greatest mysteries in U.S. military history.Scrupulously researched, A Terrible Glory will stand as a landmark work. Brimming with authentic detail and an unforgettable cast of characters-from Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse to Ulysses Grant and Custer himself-this is history with the sweep of a great vel.
- Author BiographyJames Donovan has been a literary agent for over a decade, during which time he sold several bestselling nonfiction titles. Prior to that he was a bookstore chain buyer and a trade book editor. He has also written several books, including the coffee-table tome Custer and the Little Bighorn, a main selection of the Military Book Club. He lives in Dallas, Texas. James Boles is an accomplished audiobook narrator whose work includes such titles as Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town by Nate Blakeslee and A Disorder Peculiar to the Country by Ken Kalfus. He is also an award-winning stage actor. He lives in Stratford, Connecticut.
- Author(s)James Donovan
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)James Boles
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time930
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.46Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $28.40Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.