Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert Cummings Neville
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication02/10/1991
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface How To Use This Book Introduction 1. The Nature of Theology I. Divine Matters II. Theological Assumptions and Assertions III. Theological Conceptualization IV. Truth and the Modes of Theological Assertion 2. Revelation: Sources and Uses of Theology I. Authority in Theology II. Scripture, Tradition, Reason, Experience III. Uses of Theology IV. Revelation 3. God the Creator I. God the Problem II. The Primacy of Divine Creation III. Determinateness as the Character of the Created World IV. God as Creator ex Nihilo 4. God as Trinity I. The Trinitarian Character of Divine Creation II. Time and Eternity III. God as Logos IV. Sky God, Earth Mother, Ground, Goal 5. The Human Condition: Covenant I. The Religiously Particular Analysis of the Human Condition II. Conditions of Covenant: Genesis 2 and 3 III. The Logos Ideals of Covenant IV. Divine Judgment 6. The Human Condition: Sin I. Unrighteousness II. Impiety III. Faithlessness and Despair IV. Sin and Divine Love 7. Salvation, Freedom, and Bondage I. The Problem of Salvation II. Natural Freedom III. Divine and Human Agencies IV. Depravity and Bondage of the Will: Original Sin 8. Justification, Grace, and Love I. The Quest for Grace II. Justification: Objective and Subjective III. Dynamics of Faith and Repentance IV. Divine Love: Conviction and Commitment 9. Sin and Society I. A Social Metaphysics of the Covenant II. Social Sanctification III. Oppression and Blasphemy IV. Alienation and Secularism 10. Sanctification I. Sanctification and Justification II. Personal Sanctification: Spirit, Mind, and Heart III. Sanctification as Social Justice IV. Sanctification in Love 11. Christology: The Cult of Jesus Christ I. The Cultic Community of Jesus II. The Teachings of Jesus III. Jesus Christ the Redeemer: Resurrection and the Kingdom IV. The Universality and Particularity of Salvation 12. Christology: The Divinity of Christ I. A Logos Christology II. Incarnation and the Two Natures of Christ III. Christ and the Holy Spirit: The Filioque IV. Christ and History 13. The Holy Spirit in the Church I. Sacraments: Baptism and Eucharist II. Mission, Teaching, Preaching, and Action III. The Church as the Body of Christ IV. Christianity and Other Religions Appendix A: A Brief Bibliography of Liberation Theology Appendix B: A Brief Bibliography of Feminist Theology Notes Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyRobert Cummings Neville is Professor of Philosophy, Religion, and Theology at Boston University, and Dean of the Boston University School of Theology. He is Past President of the Metaphysical Society of America, and President-Elect of the American Academy of Religion. Neville has also written Behind the Masks of God: An Essay Toward Comparative Theology; New Essays in Metaphysics; The Puritan Smile: A Look Toward Moral Reflection; Reconstruction of Thinking; Recovery of the Measure: Interpretation and Nature; and The Tao and the Daimon, all published by SUNY Press.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.