Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionA Theology for a Mediated God introduces a new way to examine the shaping effects of media on our tions of God and divinity. In contrast to more conventional social-scientific methodologies and conversations about the relationship between religion and media, Dennis Ford argues that the characteristics we ascribe to a medium can be extended and applied metaphorically to the characteristics we ascribe to God-just as earlier generations attempted to comprehend God through the metaphors of father, shepherd, or mother. As a result, his work both challenges and bridges the gap between students of religion and media, and theology.
- Author BiographyDennis Ford is the author of two books: Sins of Omission (1990) and The Search for Meaning (2007). After earning degrees at Macalester College (BA), Iliff School of Theology (M.Div.), and Syracuse University (Ph.D.), he pursued a career in publishing, primarily through his association with Scholars Press, formerly the publishing arm of the American Academy of Religion and Society for Biblical Literature.
- Author(s)Dennis Ford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.