All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Theology for a Mediated God introduces a new way to examine the shaping effects of media on our tions of God and divinity. In contrast to more conventional social-scientific methodologies and conversations about the relationship between religion and media, Dennis Ford argues that the characteristics we ascribe to a medium can be extended and applied metaphorically to the characteristics we ascribe to God-just as earlier generations attempted to comprehend God through the metaphors of father, shepherd, or mother. As a result, his work both challenges and bridges the gap between students of religion and media, and theology.
- Author BiographyDennis Ford is the author of two books: Sins of Omission (1990) and The Search for Meaning (2007). After earning degrees at Macalester College (BA), Iliff School of Theology (M.Div.), and Syracuse University (Ph.D.), he pursued a career in publishing, primarily through his association with Scholars Press, formerly the publishing arm of the American Academy of Religion and Society for Biblical Literature.
- Author(s)Dennis Ford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.