All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Theology for a Mediated God introduces a new way to examine the shaping effects of media on our tions of God and divinity. In contrast to more conventional social-scientific methodologies and conversations about the relationship between religion and media, Dennis Ford argues that the characteristics we ascribe to a medium can be extended and applied metaphorically to the characteristics we ascribe to God-just as earlier generations attempted to comprehend God through the metaphors of father, shepherd, or mother. As a result, his work both challenges and bridges the gap between students of religion and media, and theology.
- Author BiographyDennis Ford is the author of two books: Sins of Omission (1990) and The Search for Meaning (2007). After earning degrees at Macalester College (BA), Iliff School of Theology (M.Div.), and Syracuse University (Ph.D.), he pursued a career in publishing, primarily through his association with Scholars Press, formerly the publishing arm of the American Academy of Religion and Society for Biblical Literature.
- Author(s)Dennis Ford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.