All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the great advantages of rational-emotive therapy (RET) and cog- nitive behavior therapy (CBT) is that they frequently employ psycho- educational methods-including bibliotherapy, workshops, lectures, courses, recordings, and films. I created RET at the beginning of 1955 after I had abandoned the practice of psychoanalysis because I found it to be highly inefficient and philosophically superficial. Being almost addicted to one-to-one therapy as a result of my analytic training and experience, I at first did RET only with individual clients and found this pioneering form of CBT considerably more effective than the other ther- apies with which I had experimented. By 1957, however, I realized that RET could be taught to large num- bers of persons through self-help books and articles and that RET -ori- ented writings could t only prove valuable to the general public but that they could also be successfully employed to hasten and intensify the therapy of my individual clients. I therefore wrote a number of RET self- help books-especially How to Live with a Neurotic (1957), Sex without Guilt (1958), A New Guide to Rational Living (with Robert A. Harper; original edition, 1961), and A Guide to Successful Marriage (with Robert A. Harper, 1961).
- Author(s)C. S. Shaffer,Lawrence. I. Sank
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/01/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight419 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.